Download Visa forms
Short Visit to Sri Lanka
An intended traveller visiting Sri Lanka for a short stay for any of the following purposes, must obtain ETA prior to arrival. The applicants themselves or a third party on their behalf can apply for ETA by submitting an ETA application online via the ETA website. Please visit http://www.eta.gov.lk
APPLYING FOR ETA AT SRI LANKA CONSULATE GENERAL IN SYDNEY
If there are any difficulties in applying ETA system or any tourist who wishes to obtain Tourist visa from the Sri Lanka Consulate General in Sydney can obtain visa by post or in person at the Mission over the counter. (This visa will be granted for a maximum period of 90 days)
If applying for ETA visa at the Sri Lanka Consulate General in Sydney, the following need to be submitted;
- Duly completed visa application form. Download Application
- Passport of Applicant valid for not less than of 6 months from the date of arrival
- Two recent passport-size colour photographs (3.5 x 4.5 cm) of the applicant.
- A Confirmed return ticket
Visa fee can be paid by cash, bank cheque (Personal or Company cheque not accepted) or money order to the “Consulate General of Sri Lanka in Sydney”
Application for visa should be submitted at least seven working days prior to date of departure.
- Sightseeing, holidaying
- Visiting friends and relatives
- Medical treatment including Ayurvedic and yoga
- Participate in sporting events, competitions and activities relating to cultural performance
- Those who want to transit through Sri Lanka should also obtain an ETA by paying the relevant ETA Processing fee. However, if the transit period is less than 48 hrs, passengers are not required to pay the ETA Processing Fee.
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE FOR VISIT VISA EXEMPTIONS?
- Sri Lankan dual citizens.
- Children whose birth has been registered under section 5(2) of Citizenship Act – 1948 up to 21 years of age.
- Children born in Sri Lanka if they are under 21 years of age. (even when they hold foreign passports)
- Minor applicants aged 12 years and below
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR SRI LANKAN VISAS?
Sri Lanka Immigration and Emigration may grant or issue a visa to you if –
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you are suitable to enter Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration approves the purpose for which you are entering Sri Lanka.
- You hold a passport valid for a minimum period of six months from the date you arrive in Sri Lanka.
- Sri Lanka Immigration & Emigration is satisfied that you have adequate funds for your maintenance whilst in Sri Lanka and for the payment of your return passage to the country which issued your passport.
- You are in possession of a written assurance (ticket) to return to the country of domicile or a visa to the next country of destination if you are a visit visa holder.
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL CONDITIONS OF A VISIT VISA?
- You should not engage in any form of employment, paid or unpaid, or in any trade or business other than that specified in the visa during the period of your stay in Sri Lanka.
- Your visa must be utilized before the date of expiry noted on the visa.
- Validity of your visa is subject to entry into Sri Lanka during the indicated entry period.
- Applications for the extension of all visas should be made to the Department of Immigration and Emigration.
The ETA initially limited to 30 days stay in Sri Lanka from the date of arrival although, it may be extended for up to three months from the Department of Immigration & Emigration, Sri Lanka (www.immigration.gov.lk)
For last minute travellers, who need to visit Sri Lanka without prior ETA approval “under exceptional circumtances” , a limited facility to obtain ETA at Bandaranaike International Airport in Colombo is available. Additional fees will apply. Fees can be paid only in U S Dollars.
When applying ETA by third parties payments are to be made through the arrangement made in our website www.eta.gov.lk and obtain acknowledgement of ETA application. Any payments made to other websites or agencies are not valid to process a valid ETA. Therefore, always ensure that the payments made by accessing to Sri Lanka ETA website and avoid making repayment at the port of entry to Sri Lanka.
ETA PROCESSING FEE AND SHORT VISIT VISA FEE
ETA processing fee for 30 days or less charged by the Sri Lankan Consulate General in Sydney and online eta.gov.lk website,
|Category of ETA||South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Countries||All other Countries|
|Tourist Visa with Double Entry up to 30 days||US $ 20.00||AUS $ 30.00||US $ 35.00||AUS $ 50.00|
|Business Visa with Double Entry up to 30 days||US $ 30.00||AUS $ 45.00||US $ 40.00||AUS $ 60.00|
|Transit Visa with Single Entry up to 2 days||Free||Free||Free||Free|
|Children of any nationality under 12 years, up to 30 days||Free||Free||Free||Free|
Charges for 90-day visas processed through Sri Lankan Consulate General in Sydney,
|Tourist Visa with Single Entry up to 90 days||Australian passports with single entry AUD 93.00
New Zealand passports with single entry AUD 99.00
United Kingdom passports with single entry AUD 126.00
United State of America passports with single entry AUD 191.00
|Tourist Visa with Double Entry up to 90 days||Australian passports with double entry AUD 136.00
New Zealand passports with double entry AUD 148.00
United Kingdom passports with single entry AUD 202.00
United State of America passports with single entry AUD 332.00
|Business Visa with Single Entry up to 90 days||Australian passports with single entry AUD 103.00
New Zealand passports with single entry AUD 109.00
|Business Visa with Double Entry up to 90 days||Australian passports with double entry AUD 146.00
New Zealand passports with double entry AUD 158.00
|Business Visa with Multiple Entry up to 90 days||Australian passports with multiple entry AUD 189.00
New Zealand passports with multiple entry AUD 207.00