Police Clearance Certificate
Application could be obtained by clicking on the link below :
The documents required to be handed over with the duly completed application form.
- Passport with a photocopy
- National Identity Card with photocopy
Should clearly mention whether the Clearance Certificate should be issued infor the name appearing on
the National Identity Card or the passport. If the name appearing on the passport has been changed, a
copy of the ‘alterations page’ of the passport should be presented along with the application. Should
there be any discrepancy between the name in the passport and the name in the National Identity Card,
when applying a clearance certificate for the name appearing in the passport, the original copy of an
affidavit signed by a the consular officer, justice of peace or an attorney at law should be produced.
(Such affidavits are valid only for six months from the date of issue)
Payments to be made at the time of rendering the application. Receipt to be kept for reference.
Fee : AUD $70.00, payable by cash, bank cheque (not Personal Or Company) or money order to the “Sri Lanka Consulate General” and postage fee AUD 10.00
Applicants are advised to submit their applications well in advance.
To avoid delay please pay attention to the following.
- The name of the applicant should be correctly mentioned in the application as per the National Identity Card. This is compulsory as the record check is done with the NIC number.
- The NIC number and the Date of Birth should be correctly mentioned in all the documents and should not differ. Clear copy of the National Identity Card would avoid unnecessary delay on record check.
- The details of places of residence furnished in the application should be accurate. Make sure not to furnish the periods being away from the country. (This will enable local police to furnish a correct report about you)
- The Police Clearance Certificates are addressed only to the Government Immigration Authorities which have been authorized and designated by the Foreign Ministry, Sri Lanka. Therefore, name and address of Embassy/ Immigration Service/ High Commission should be mentioned correctly.
- It is very important to furnish the contact details, like telephone numbers E-mail addresses. This would help the clearance branch to communicate with the applicant if any clarification is required.
- No photo copies, scanned copies of applications are taken charged and Applications should be signed by the applicants.
- After, handing over an application no alternations could be done, and no other application could be made whilst one application is under process.
Please provide your contact detail ( Phone Numbers and email address) to enable us communicate with you if required.